Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Jr. Jason look-a-like, William Anthony Wilber

So my newest little angel is here!!!
William Anthony Wilber

There are some reasons why we chose this name. 

For my first boy, Alyxander Michael Wilber. Michael came from Jason's family, middle name of Jason and Jason's dad's name and probably somewhere further down the line. 

Well I wanted a family name from my side in our next son's name. Whether it would be his first or middle. 

William is from my mom's side. There are four William's and the oldest one that I know of I had studied and know stories of him and his wife from days when I was in Young Women's. He's kinda one of my ancestral heroes. 

Anthony has a special place in my heart, as well as my mother's. Growing up she told me that if I was a boy she would have named me Anthony. She loved that name so much and never got to use it. I grew up loving it too. So maybe she never got to use it, but she is getting her Anthony through me. :)

Sooo . . . William arrived on January 29th 2013 at 4:20 pm, after 9 something hours of induced labor and three days of contractions that refused to stay consistent, which was super SUPER frustrating. Let me tell you. Jason and I left early and it was some of the worst winter weather we had. Everywhere we looked, there was snow. Roads weren't even plowed yet. The freeway was somewhat manageable but still very scary. We got to the hospital safely and without car troubles (haha) thank goodness. At 7, I was induced and at first is was fine, but the pain and contractions quickly escalated and became intense even though I wasn't that far dilated. Hence, being induced, because it forces your body to go into labor. Jason and I watched Sherlock Holmes and part of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. 

My doctor had to break my water and I held quite a bit of water unlike my first pregnancy. They told me I had around 4 pounds of water or more in me. I was also fully effaced and William was already in perfect position. So when I was dilated to 4 I was ready to push. But of course had to hold off. So I tried my best to breathe through horrible and mega painful contractions. Worst was when they came back to back and didn't give me a break. All through it, Jason helped me. :) He was amazing. I was super close to giving in to an epidural because the pain was so bad. When I was at a 7, I couldn't hold back any longer. I told my nurse that I really HAD to push. She called my doctor who was there in a few minutes. They helped me hold off a few minutes longer and then FINALLY I could push. Took a lot more effort and pushing than with Alyx. But  then . . . he was there!!!

Jason's first comment was that William had a lot of hair. When I saw him, I saw it was RED hair!!! :) I was super happy. I wanted a baby with red hair, because Jason had red hair as a baby and was super cute. But not only does William have red hair like Jason did, he is a chubby little guy and looks soo much like Jason. Which made me even happier as I wanted a son who looked like Jason. Now all I'm hoping for is that he has Jason's green eyes. hee hee. :)


I was so happy. I was given William as soon as Jason cut his umbilical cord. I held him for quite a bit and was happy they let me hold him for so long. :) My boy was finally here, with me and Jason. We were proud parents and everything was right in our little world.






Alyx met his brother William for the first time and instantly loved him. :)



My Wilber boys/men :)




Our Family!! 

Also  . . . my boys do smile . . . without the gas. ;)















1 comment:

  1. !!! I'm so excited to see pictures! You did good! I was comparing his pictures with Alyx's infant picture on the side...you are making quite the cute little family. Good job Makayla! You're raising good men there...

    ReplyDelete