Saturday, November 5, 2011

Teething pains and puppy dog eyes

So Alyx is now cutting two teeth, and I dunno who is in more pain . . . . him or me.

Besides all the biting that he does to me which is not fun at all, he also has been keeping me up all night because of his pain. Poor guy. But POOR ME TOO!!! It's quite easy to be patient and understanding the first time and second time, and maybe even third time. But the fourth and so on??? Especially since sometimes it takes half an hour to get him back to sleep or rarely one full hour. By then it's not easy at all to maintain the calmness and patience that I have gained by being a mother. There are times when I just wish I could put in ear plugs. But the guilt and his poor little cries hit my heart and I give in and go to his room to comfort him and try to sing him back to sleep. That's not all, I've been paying attention and my guess is when the bottom two are done cutting and causing him pain, the fun begins once again with the top. There are signs that they will follow soon. *sigh*

Something though that I can tell is (dunno if it's because I'm his mother or just my bond with him, wait isn't that the same thing. . . anyway) when he bites me and I react he immediately backs off and he gets a unique sad cute little look that is so clear to me that he knows he just put me in pain and is telling me that he's sorry and it is one of the most ADORABLE looks i've ever seen on him. The best way I can describe it is his eyes go wide and he already has the most beautiful blue eyes but I swear they just get the puppy dog quality look to them and he looks so sad. Dunno where he got that, because it's certainly not from me or Jason.

But no matter the challenges and small hardships that come with motherhood. I love being a mom to my little boy. :) He is amazing and super intelligent and creates more happy memories for me than I could ever imagine. I love my little Alyxander.

No comments:

Post a Comment