Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Working things out

So no marriage is perfect, and mine is no exception. Jason and I have our fights and arguments just like everyone else. The important thing is that at the end of the fight, you make sure that if feelings were hurt, you say sorry and let them know you love them you talk it out without anger and listen when it's their turn to talk.

A couple days ago, Jason and I had our worst argument ever, but before the night was through. I knew Jason had had a long day at work, we had sat at the doctor's office for Alyx's 18 month check up for forever and grabbed some dinner on our way home. By the time we arrived, I didn't want to be around Jason and needed a break. So I took some 'me' time, then went shopping for food and came home. I got ready to go visiting teaching and started out when Jason and I exchanged a lot of words and actions that were far from loving. I broke down crying, grabbed Alyx and met with my VT partner. I knew then I was in no mood to teach and couldn't compose myself. Part of me didn't even want to head back to Jason that night, but another part of me wanted to go to him and fix things. Thankfully I have amazing friends/neighbors. My partner went to the girl we were going to see and told her I wasn't able to come that night. I had another neighbor take Alyx for a bit so I could talk to Jason without worrying about Alyx.

I went home and Jason and I immediately hugged each other and said we were sorry. We sat down and talked for a bit until we understood what happened. Another thing, most fights stem from very stupid and silly things. After we talked, we shared a heartfelt prayer and kiss. I love Jason. I know we will get into disagreements in the future and have hard times, but we will ALWAYS say sorry to each other and work things out. :) So I was totally happy with how things were, but the next morning Jason surprised me even more.


He bought me two dozen roses!! He said the white was because he was sorry about the night before. The red roses were because he loved me. I have such a wonderful thoughtful husband, who goes the extra extra mile. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment