Thursday, August 20, 2015

Living my life by Faith

This past month has been filled with anxiety, worry and frustration. Ups and downs as explained by my last post. But I'm happy to report that our prayers have been answered and we are quite happy and excited. :) Jason is not jobless and we are not homeless.

It made us worry, after what happened with Alabama, about what we would do with our little family. Needing to find a new place to live and not having a job potentially took a leap of faith. We constantly reminded each other to have faith and that everything would work out. There was a day when I wasn't at my best or even in a good mood and I was super stressed. The boys were happy and content at the moment and Jason turned some music on his phone and took me in his arms and started leading me in a dance. That made me smile and laugh. The older boys stopped what they were doing and watched their mommy and daddy danced and smiled. I was super grateful for Jason helping me out of the pit of misery I was in.

Each day and night we prayed as a family, couple and in our individual prayers to figure out what we needed to do. Where we needed to go to live. We did our best to choose the right, and to listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost.

About a week and a half ago, Jason received an email from a Professor at BYU who told Jason that room had been made for some new classes to be opened and meant Jason would be able to teach this fall. We were thrilled!! Not long after that we were able to put a deposit down for a new home that was actually pretty close to what we needed and wanted.

There's a quote that has been one of my favorites that I try to apply to my life.


"When we choose to follow Christ in faith rather than choosing another path out of fear, we are blessed with a consequence that is consistent with our choice." 

- Quentin L. Cook

Life is hardly easy, but our attitudes and actions help whether things can get better or more difficult. Jason and I are far from perfect and we do make mistakes, but we also strive to do our best and follow Jesus Christ. I have personally found I am happier and more at peace when I am doing what is right, knowing that Heavenly Father will bless me and not having fear.


No comments:

Post a Comment