Thursday, December 24, 2015

Life's curveballs

There are some things in life that are unexpected, and it can be coming from anything, anywhere, anytime, and anyone, whether it's thrown from family, friends, neighbors or stangers, and if you watch carefully, sometimes you can see them coming. But there are times you're not prepared for the speed from whence they came. It can be pretty slow at first but than ZOOM!! It is right in front of you and you're in shock at it being there already.

A few things have been happening the past year and all I could do was swing and pray I could hit that difficult ball. There are a few times I have striked out and broken down, a few foul balls, and once in a while I can hit that ball and run a base or two. I'm not powerful enough and haven't found the timing yet to hit a homerun, but I'm just doing the best that I can.

I have tried multiple times and varieties of ways of handling and dealing with the curveballs life throws at me. But there isn't just one way to deal with them. You have to approach each situation a little differently, but always with care. You can't just charge and swing the bat as hard and fast as you can or you might completely miss the ball and be hitting nothing but the air and feel like a fool. Patience, placement, timing, a bit of force, and lots of prayers can help a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment