Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas gifts

Now I know it's not quite Christmas yet, but that doesn't mean I haven't been on the receiving end already.

This past week my little family has been plagued with all kinds of coughs. Good news is that they are all getting better but because we've been dealing with sickness while with family this Holiday, Jason and I haven't slept well. We finally decided to go home early so that we can rest easy and get some good sleep. Roads were thankfully clear and no accidents happened. 1st gift, safety! :) Our boys are returning to their normal selves before they were sick so just a few more days and hopefully everything will be cleared up. My sweet husband has let me take naps to catch up on missed sleep while he takes care of the little ones. 2nd gift, caring husband (although that hasn't changed since I met him, he's wonderful to me)! 3rd, sleep!

I was holding my baby boy, although not much of a baby anymore, he's crawling and jabbers quite a bit when he's super happy. I was remembering how last year I learned I was to be a mother of 3 darling boys. I am so happy for having my children with Jason and I as we progress in our life together. 4th, my family!

But there is a Christmas gift that I don't want to go into a lot of detail about receiving because it super special to me. It is an incredible, wondrous experience that I will get to have with Jason in a few months. I found out last night and I was so happy that I was shaking.

Last night my little family and I ate dinner, enjoyed hot chocolate and watched "The Santa Clause", tonight we will bake cookies, have the children unwrap their first gifts, sing carols, and read of the reason we celebrate Christmas. The story of Christ's birth.

I hope everyone stays safe, and has a very Merry Christmas!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment