Saturday, January 9, 2016

Happy New Year!

I am amazed at how much time has passed, from being a child, teenager, adult, from my single to my married life. From being a wife to becoming a wife and mother. This year will bring so many fantastic celebrations and new adventures some of which I'm hoping to include a GIANT move to a new state because of Jason getting a full time job. Here's to hoping! :)

This year I've already made some changes, nothing huge, or new, but still wanting to make a difference.

I've joined an institute choir that I've been in the past already. I miss singing in a choir and learning new things to help me improve and feeling the Holy Ghost as I sing beautiful music with lyrics that touch my heart and soul.

I was already working out last year, but I'm determined now to actually have goals on what I want within working out. Trimming, toning and losing inches and pounds. I've been walking and running with a goal of 12,000 steps a day thanks to my fitbit zip. Totally LOVE it!!! Also in a pretty big team competition with the # of steps we do each day to try to eliminate others. I'm doing my best to not let my team down. Eating healthier too is helping me a bunch. Going to the store for groceries, I thought about buying some delicious ice cream that I've been wanting for a while and was able to not buy any junk food whatsoever! Instead, buying vegetables I will actually eat (because what's the point of buying certain healthy foods when you know you won't eat them?), fruits, and protein for meals.

Jason and I are also working on devoting more quality time to each other by going on more dates. It always amazes me how much I love that man and how that love just continues to get stronger and bigger. Each day/week/month/year, I feel like our love for each other is so GIGANTIC and powerful, but than it just grows more and I'm so incredibly happy. Sorry if this part is sappy, but hey, that's who I am. :) A big romantic, sappy, loves love person. :) So you just have to deal with it now and then from me. :)

With my boys growing older, Alyx soon to be in Kindergarten, William - preschool and Vincent getting more one on one time . . . I want to help them be ready to soak up all the knowledge they will soon be getting and to help them not get frustrated with the next new learning steps. Vincent has a new discovered love of books and is so interested in what Jason and I read to him. William . . . I'm struggling with things to challenge him with since he's such a quick learner. Alyx, I'm trying to help him with his letters and starting to teach him read simple words. He also has a huge love for drawing, coloring, music and basketball.

I'm also trying to improve my knowledge of Spanish and feel more comfortable and at ease while talking in Spanish. With Jason's help, hopefully by the end of this year, I will be able to pass the grade. Thank goodness I know a fantastic Spanish professor. :)

Super excited for this year! I know it will be one of my favorites yet. But it can't be helped when I'm just watching my children play together, learn and grow, and that I have an amazing, handsome, hardworking and supportive husband. With my growing little family, life is wonderful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment