Saturday, January 23, 2016

Alyx the Music Man

Alyx has a deep love for music already. :)

AND I'M SOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Can you tell?! :)

For a long time, he has had an interest in both the piano and the trumpet, and occasionally he will sing all on his own with us in church, or ask me to sing in the car, or if he's watching a movie that has a song, he will do his best to sing along.

For over a year now, he will ask to play 'Daddy's trumpet' and play around with it, making actual sound come out! As an adult, it is difficult to play the trumpet, as a little kid, not even 5 yet, he is doing better than most adults and has an incredible gift!!! He has made the comment sometimes that he wants to play the trumpet like Daddy and Quincy (from the show 'Little Einsteins').

At times when we go to my Mom's house, he will want to play the piano, he will play around and very softly play the keys. A few times he will play the keys and sing "I Am a Child of God". It is very touching to watch him sing that song alone, with the piano, it is so sweet and tender as well. One time, there was a music book on the piano and he would play the piano and start singing that Primary hymn, and then after a little bit he would stop, turn a page and then start singing and playing the piano again, then stopping, turning the page and repeating the whole process. He is such a smart and sweet little boy! :) Jason bought a keyboard for our family and we are going to have Alyx start piano lessons after his 5th birthday.

Also if Alyx still has an interest in the trumpet when he's a little older, we will gladly give him trumpet lessons. :)

Music means so much to Jason and I, we kind of had a long standing (playful/serious) argument who loves music more. Neither of us I'm sure will ever give in. lol. :) But that is ok with me, I'm so happy to be married to a man who thinks he loves music more than I do. :) Music is incredibly important to me and I'm happy to have my little family started down the road of a musical life.

Wonder what musical instruments William and Vincent will love playing . . . . :)

1 comment: