Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I love my mother!

I know it's no where near Mother's day, but I have been thinking about my mom a lot lately and I feel the need to tell you how amazing she is and how much I look up to her and to tell you a little about her.

I know how everyone has a hard life, but honestly . . . I think my mom has been dealt one of of the most difficult ever. Her mom was killed in a car accident by a drunk driver, she has had two horrible previous marriages and is finally with the man that she is going to be with for eternity, but even that, like everything else worth something needs to be worked on. Her ex is still, after a more than a decade of being divorced harasses and threatens her. She also has so many worries for each of her children and then not to mention the daily struggles that come with every day of life. How does she handle it? With patience, love, hope and compassion. She has had all the reason to be angry and mad. But if you look at her, you would never know. I don't know how she does it, pray a ton I bet. But no really, if I were in her shoes. I'd be screaming my head off and on a rage. Instead, she is a beautiful angel who doesn't life (or those in it) tear her down.

As a mother of six kids, she already leads a busy life. I mean, all moms are busy with only one! But she has a kid who is a mom herself *cough cough*, a kid who is in college and maybe serving a mission in the near future, a kid in high school, a kid in jr. high, another one in elementary and one not even in preschool yet. Wow! But she balances it all out and is able to give us all the love we need from her. She does her best to support all six of us in out interests and daily lives.

It's hard to be a mom, and even harder to see your kids suffer at someone else's hands, or watching them go through trials themselves. She has done a wonderful job teaching us to love the gospel and encouraging us to go to our Young Women or Relief Society activities.

She is a pillar of strength for me. Someone who I can go to when I'm feeling down, or even when I'm feeling happy and need to share some good news with. She's always willing to listen to me, even when she has other things she needs to do, she takes the time to listen to what I have to say.

She is also very VERY talented!! Beautiful singing voice and plays the piano pretty well. She also knows how to play the flute. She loves to dance, be silly and have fun with her kids. She raised me on some of the best music ever in life. Like Neil Diamond, Carpenters and ABBA just to name a few. She makes gorgeous wedding cakes, even if she doesn't think so (she can be such a perfectionist sometimes). She is also an amazing cook, turning food into a feast! She is also very funny, in which I think she is like her mother. :) Growing up, my friends told me I have such a cool mom. I do!! :) She hardly ever thinks of herself, because she is ALWAYS constantly thinking of others. So my sisters and I have to sometimes remind her to slow down and take some time to herself, which can be difficult to get her to do. Have I mentioned that she is also very beautiful and I have always wanted to look more like her? She is hard working. She is one of my best friends. She is my mother and I love her. I'm hoping that I can be as good as a mother to my kids as she has been to me. She is a spectacular mother!!! I try so hard to make sure she knows that. She deserves the best and to be happy and loved.

There are so many other amazing things about my mom, the list can really go on and on. But I guess for now, this will have to do. :)


1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful. And your mom is beautiful inside and out...and how blessed she is that you see her as the person she is.

    ReplyDelete